Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Social Software Literacy

Though I have struggled a bit to keep up with this class, I'm happy to have taken it because I have learned quite a bit. I intend on practicing these new-found skills in order that I might have a bit more mastery of them as well as allowing me to use them more fully in my impending library employment. As I will be working predominantly with the teen population, these tools will most definitely come in handy with this group as they are most likely, the most tech-saavy. This will force me to hone the skills I have learned so that I can share them with this group and others, hopefully, from the library. Interestingly enough, I was visiting with a dear friend who is a middle school teacher and she's decided to be one of the media center teachers. When I shared what I've been learning, she was eager for me to show her what I've learned. With this in mind, I hope that she can then direct her students to computer/gaming programs that I hope to implement. The lab hands-on worksheets were of an immense help as I was able to refer to them while working at home, at my own pace, until I got it right (most of the time). I feel like I may have a leg-up when I take 550 as Steve suggested.

No comments: